Interested in a challenging and rewarding internship this summer? Do you enjoy working with children, doing hands-on environmental education, and having great outdoor camp adventures? Then this could be the internship for you!
Calvert County Natural Resources (CCNRD) and Calvert Nature Society seek creative, enthusiastic, and organized interns
to prepare and lead hands-on outdoor environmental education (EE) programs. Interns go thru training to create and implement
lesson plans and will learn local natural history, trailside activities, and teaching techniques. Other duties may include:
assisting with animal care, program materials maintenance, trail and garden work, and assisting naturalists with wildlife research projects.
Great career builder for individuals interested in careers in EE and interpretation or environmental studies.
This is a 12 week, approximately 30 hours/week summer internship starting mid-May and ending mid-August. Two positions are available. We provide a $1,500 stipend. Interns must have their own transportation and housing.
• Undergraduate student going into their Junior or Senior year or recent graduate
• Experience working with children
• Basic knowledge of local natural history/biology
• Must enjoy working outside
• Past camp experience a plus
• Participants are required to pass a background check
How to Apply:
• E-mail letter of interest and resume to Tania Gale (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Questions? Email Tania Gale at tania.gale@CalvertCountymd.gov or call 410-535-5327