LandStudies Inc. is seeking sustainable landscape maintenance technicians for our Field Operations division in Manheim, Pennsylvania. This position performs tasks associated with the monitoring, maintenance, and management of natural landscape, ecological restoration, invasive plant management, and ornamental/ horticultural project sites. It also performs other tasks as needed including planting, seeding, erosion control, and other landscape related tasks when necessary. Outdoors work setting. This is an hourly, seasonal position. Travel and overnight stays may be required.
The successful applicant:
- Must be able & willing to work long hours in adverse weather conditions;
- Be 18 years or older;
- Possess a positive attitude and willingness to work as a member of a team.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma (minimum), Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in landscaping, horticultural, environmental science or similar field, or relative experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience should be in similar field and demonstrate ability to perform applicable tasks.
- OSHA safety training (10 hour minimum).
- Pennsylvania Pesticide Applicator or Technician Certification desired, but not required.
- State issued driver’s license.
- Familiarity with horticulture and the natural sciences, and ability to identify plants by name.
- Ability to perform mathematical and interpretive functions necessary to read, interpret, and implement projects as intended by design documentations and printings.
- Practical problem solving dealing with a variety of variables including weather, timelines, client demands, and budget constraints.
- Operation of maintenance equipment.
- Professionalism and good organizational and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pesticide application, including backpack sprayers and boom sprayers.
- Utilization of IPM techniques to manage natural areas, control invasive species, and promote plant establishment.
- Establishment and maintenance of native meadows, floodplains, stormwater best management practices, and other landscapes.
- Operation of hand tools, power tools, machinery (sprayers, seeders, mowers), and vehicles.
- Wetland construction and planting.
- Herbaceous, tree, and shrub planting.
- Seeding, stabilization, and erosion and sedimentation control measures.
- Environmental assessment and monitoring tasks including survey, data collection, and site work.
- Maintenance of facilities including building, site, vehicles, and herbicide equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must endure and withstand full days of physical and manual labor and exposure to natural elements.
- Significant muscular effort may be required; must be able to lift and/or move 75 pounds. Periods of significant physical exertion will not be continuous or long-standing.
- Frequent required use of body to precisely operate hand tools, power equipment and machinery.
- Wages will be based on experience and training.
- Overtime opportunities;
- Paid travel expenses from office to job site(s) if applicable.
If you are interested please send your resume and references to Resumes@landstudies.com
or fill out an application at 315 North Street, Lititz, PA 17543 or 36 Kreider Lane, Manheim, PA 17545