Sustainable Landscape Crew Member
Arterra is a small family-owned design/build company that builds beautiful and sustainable landscapes throughout the DC area.
Arterra is looking for quality candidates who can join our team, learn through “hands-on” training, and grow with Arterra. We treat landscaping as applied environmental science and prioritize sustainability in our designs and builds.
This is a great opportunity to get in the field training in stormwater and environmental work.
- Work outdoors installing beautiful and sustainable landscapes
- Plant perennials, shrubs and trees with an emphasis on native plants
- Prune perennials, shrubs and small trees
- Construct rain gardens and stormwater systems
- Learn about plant ID, soil science, construction and stormwater
- Reliable transportation & clean driving record
- Able to lift 60 pounds on a regular basis
- Attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively and have critical thinking skills
- Positive and kind attitude
- Good sense of humor
Crew members work 35-40 hrs/week Monday – Friday and salary starts at $17+/hr, depending on experience.
Our preference is to hire candidates with skills and experience in landscaping, environmental science, masonry or carpentry. BUT, we are truly looking for people who would love to learn these skills, enjoy the benefits of daily “on-the-job” training, show strong attention to detail, and have a good sense of humor to fit in with our fun and friendly crew.
If you are interested in joining our crew, please tell us a little about yourself and submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org