The Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center in Grasonville is seeking a:
Visitor Center Services Person
Type: Part Time Contract Labor at $10 per hour Friday-Sunday 9am-5pm and 3 Mondays 9am-5pm (May 28th, July 2nd, September 3rd) from May 4th 2018 -October 28th 2018
Description: Front Desk person in Visitor Center who engages visitors in CBEC’s offerings, processes monetary transactions from merchandise purchases and CBEC’s services including Membership, promotes CBEC’s monthly calendar of events by developing a monthly word document summarizing visitor services offered to public, and mangages CBEC’s Kayak Rental Reservation database.
- Prepares and manages Visitor Center materials and tools in preparation for operation.
- Prepares CBEC’s facilities for visitorship including maintaining clean and healthy restrooms.
- Prepares and manages Kayak equipment and kayak reservation database for Kayak Rentals and private kayak trips. Facilitates kayak rentals.
- Cleans and organizes Visitor Center materials and tools including kayak equipment at the end of each day.
- Must be 21 years or older
- Be able to lift or drag up to 45 lbs
- Must be able to use an online payment tool called Paypal-training is available
- Must be able to use either Word or Google Documents
- Knowledge of Queen Anne’s County tourism services is helpful
- Knowledge and appreciation for land conservation, environmental education, and kayaking is helpful
- Ability to communicate effectively to the general public both in person and over the phone is especially helpful
For more details: Contact Courtney Leigh, Volunteer and Adult Education Coordinator at email@example.com or call 410-827-6694