The Oyster Recovery Partnership’s Marketing & Communications team is responsible for traditional and digital marketing across the organization. The Marketing & Communications Intern will work closely with the Marketing Manager on the implementation of communications and promotions for all of ORP’s events, programs, and initiatives.
The Marketing & Communications Intern’s responsibilities will include:
• Content creation for digital (social media, email newsletters, website, blog, etc.) and traditional (letters, posters, and print advertisements) media
• Support with website, email marketing, and social media management
• Assistance with marketing efforts for programs and events
• Representing ORP at events throughout the region (some evening and weekend work required)
• Fundraising support (e.g. gift processing, writing donation acknowledgement letters, etc.)
• And a variety of other tasks as needed
• Currently enrolled college student pursuing degree in marketing, communications or related field
• A basic understanding of and a strong interest in marketing, communications, website management, blogging, and social media
• A strong interest in environmental issues (passion for the Chesapeake Bay a plus!)
• Strong written and verbal communications
• Availability/willingness to work some nights/weekends
• Positive, energetic attitude and willingness to learn
Position Benefits and Details
This internship is a seasonal contractual position subject to a 1099. Compensation will be $12/hour for 16-24 hours/week. Employment dates: June 17 – Aug 31. The position will be open until filled.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references to: Allison Albert Guercio, Marketing Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Summer 2019 Marketing Intership
No phone calls, please.