The University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES) invites applications for a User Experience (UX) Researcher. The successful candidate will work with an established and dynamic Web Team at the Chesapeake Bay Program. The position is based in Annapolis, Maryland, and offers a remote, hybrid or in-person work schedule.
Areas of Responsibility
- Design and implement user research plans, administering various research methods to collect both qualitative and quantitative data to gain insight into user needs, challenges and pain points throughout all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Convey research findings, analytics data and actionable insights to the Web Team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with designers, developers and content specialists to integrate user insights into the product development process, including but not limited to content development, design reviews and quality assurance reviews.
- Demonstrate a deep empathy for users and an ability to advocate for their needs, preferences and experience to the Chesapeake Bay Program
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and at least three years of professional experience in a relevant role.
- Strong understanding of a wide range of human-centered research and design-thinking methodologies, techniques, principles and best practices.
- Proven track record designing and implementing user research studies, administering various research methods tailored to project requirements and research participants, and presenting research findings, test results and actionable insights.
- Proficiency in tools that support research, data analysis, prototyping and testing.
- Experience including disabled users in the research process and implementing accessible and inclusive solutions a plus.
- Ability to collect, analyze, interpret and synthesize data from analytics tools.
- Experience setting up new tracking mechanisms and familiarity with statistical analysis methods are a plus.
UX Design and Evaluation
- Strong desire to iteratively improve product design and development in order to create exceptional user experiences.
- Working knowledge of design principles and ability to evaluate user interfaces and inform the design and development process.
Communication and Collaboration
- Strong observational, interviewing and written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience creating compelling reports, presentations, data visualizations and other client-ready deliverables.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
Please apply for this position on the UMCES website. Applications should include a letter of interest, resume and link to your portfolio.