Vice President of Program & Community Engagement
Regular Full-time (40 hours per week)
Starting Salary: $80-$90,000 annually
Benefits: Competitive benefits package including health/dental/life/long term disability, 401K with employer match, PTO, ten paid plus 3 floating holidays and flexible work options.
Supervisor/Reports to: President/CEO
Location: Annapolis, MD
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
About the Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park:
AMM’s mission is to educate youth and adults about the Annapolis area’s rich maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through programs, exhibits, and community events.
The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park (AMM) is a dynamic community anchor focused on the rich maritime heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay. The Museum serves as a hub for unique events, lectures, concerts, maritime-themed art exhibits, and award-winning environmental education programs. The state-of-the-art exhibit – Our Changing Waterfront is a thrilling attraction for Annapolis. The Museum has a second campus, a 12-acre waterfront park has been transformed into a spectacular public space, providing a platform for learning, gathering, and playing and is host to the Museum’s Education Center, which serves 12,000 k-12 students annually. The Museum operates a 75’ historic Skipjack, Wilma Lee. She is one of 22 Skipjacks remaining on the Bay, and runs a variety of tours spring-fall, including heritage tours, Wednesday Night Race Watch Parties, sunset tours, and charters.
Overview and Job Summary:
The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park (AMM) seeks a Vice President of Programs & Community Engagement to supervise and develop a wide range of programs. You will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program.
A successful Vice President of Program & Community Engagement must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their subordinates.
The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
The Vice President of Programs & Community Engagement are responsible for coordinating programming operations and ensuring that all tasks are conducted efficiently and with the highest quality and experience.
- K-12 environmental education programs
- Box of Rain – year-round maritime mentoring program serving underserved youth
- Nature based preschool (in development)
- Museum exhibits
- AMM’s Archives & Library
- Skipjack Wilma Lee
- Adult programs including winter lecture series, paddle programs, boat building
- Partnership cultivation and development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of AMM
- Develop or approve budgets and operations procedures
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervise all program and department managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk, and resource management principles when needed
- Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Provide collaborative leadership and insight to ensure that programs and special initiatives are successful, feasible, and fully integrated with company objectives.
- Keep CEO informed with detailed and accurate reporting
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience in program management or other managerial position
- Adept at applying the highest of standards to all applications
- Thorough understanding of program management techniques and methods
- Exceptional knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- BS/BA diploma in management or a relevant field
The Annapolis Maritime Museum and Park provide equal opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website at www.amaritime.org.