Volunteer Coordinator- Americorp Volunteer Maryland/Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center
Americorp Volunteer Maryland/Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center
July 30, 2021
Job Description: This is an 11 month, full-time (40 hours/week) position as a member of the Volunteer Maryland (VM) AmeriCorps program. The member will be serving as a Volunteer Coordinator at Anne Arundel County Public Schools Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education campus. Their main role is to run volunteer programs that support environmental education and habitat restoration. .
Term: September 15, 2021 to August 3, 2022.
Location: Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center,
975 Indian Landing Rd. Millersville, MD 21108
- Manage volunteer programs that support environmental education and habitat restoration.
Recruit and screen volunteers, facilitate orientation and training, supervise volunteers, maintain accurate records, develop volunteer program materials, write protocols for program, and evaluate program progress.
- Bi-weekly stipend to total $15,015.
- Segal Education Award (currently $6,345) that can be used towards continuing education or student loans.
- Health insurance if you are not already covered.
- Two-week pre-service training.
- Valuable networking opportunities.
- Making a real difference in the community!
- US citizenship or permanent status.
- College diploma.
- Communication and computer skills.
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
- Experience with plant identification and outdoor education preferred.
Interested? Call Sheen Goldberg at 410-222-3822 ex 3011.