Volunteer Coordinator (AmeriCorps position)
Anne Arundel County Public Schools Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education (Arlington Echo)
This is an 11 month, full-time (40 hours/week) position as a member of the Volunteer Maryland (VM) AmeriCorps program. The member will be serving as a Volunteer Coordinator at Anne Arundel County Public Schools Environmental Literacy and Outdoor Education campus. Their main role will be to run volunteer programs that support environmental education and habitat restoration.
Term: September 4, 2019 to July 21, 2020.
Location: Arlington Echo Outdoor Education Center,
975 Indian Landing Rd. Millersville, MD 21108
Duties: Manage volunteer programs that support environmental education and habitat restoration. Recruit and screen volunteers, facilitate orientation and training, supervise volunteers, maintain accurate records, develop volunteer program materials, and evaluate program progress.
- Bi-weekly stipend.
- Segal Education Award (currently $6,095) that can be used towards continuing education or student loans.
- Health insurance if you are not already covered.
- Two-week pre-service training.
- Valuable networking opportunities.
- Making a real difference in the community!
- US citizenship or permanent status.
- College diploma.
- Communication and computer skills.
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
- Experience with plant identification and outdoor education preferred.
Interested? Send a resume, cover letter, and two professional references to Kristie McWilliams at email@example.com