Potomac Riverkeeper Network (PRKN) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to stopping pollution and restoring clean water in the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers and their tributaries through community engagement, advocacy, and enforcement. Potomac Riverkeeper Network’s main office is located at 3070 M St, NW, Washington, DC, with field offices in Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland. For more information, check our website at www.prknetwork.org.
PRKN seeks a highly organized and effective Part-Time Administrative Assistant for DC Office who is able to provide office administration and programmatic support to the president and staff. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the President’s calendar, schedule meetings as requested; keep list of items to be scheduled
- Manage the preparation of quarterly board meetings and other periodic meetings of staff and board and complete follow up tasks as needed
- Assist President with submitting receipts for reimbursement through Expensify and documenting expenses charged on PRKN credit cards
- Assist President with preparation of presentations for public speaking events
- Execute organization-wide meetings from start to finish including scheduling, maintaining detailed calendar events, coordinating lunch, setting up equipment, circulating materials, note taking, and follow up as needed
- IT Support – Troubleshoot IT issues as needed including phone & internet outages, maintaining printers, coordinating with IT volunteer.
- Maintain institutional knowledge through upkeep of account documents and filing system
- Correspondence – Serve as receptionist fielding general email and phone requests, directing requests to appropriate staff
- Maintain office and kitchen inventory – anticipate future needs and purchase supplies as needed
- Manage office upkeep – coordinate with landlord to service repairs and request property maintenance
- Manage volunteer email platform and keep an organized record of volunteer activity
- Assist in drafting, editing, and posting communications materials
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Commitment to mission of Potomac Riverkeeper Network
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing timelines
- Ability to work independently in a self-directed, small-office environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Conversational level Spanish language skills a plus
- Strong ability to troubleshoot IT and other computer issues
- Knowledge of social networking forums and strategies to promote causes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work some weekend and evening hours
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a single PDF document containing a cover letter and resume to: jobs@PRKnetwork.org. Please indicate in the subject line, PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.