Biohabitats, a leading conservation planning, ecological restoration, regenerative design, and construction firm based in Baltimore, MD, is seeking a Water Resources/Wastewater Engineer to join our mission-driven team. With eight Bioregional offices nationwide, Biohabitats works throughout the country and internationally with public, private, and non-profit organizations to restore the earth and inspire ecological stewardship.
The Water Resources/Wastewater Engineer will be responsible for coordination, design, research, permitting, and construction administration of projects involving integrated water strategies. Specific responsibilities include providing engineering or design analysis of water use, preparing design and construction documents (plans, specifications, and cost estimates), assisting with regulatory approval, assisting with construction administration services, and cultivating client relationships. The ideal candidate is highly organized, is flexible and can work on a variety of project tasks, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, possesses mechanical aptitude, and is passionate about water.
We provide outstanding benefits. Click on ‘Learn about our benefits’ on our Careers page to find out more.
- Process engineering and detailed design of integrated water systems including wastewater, stormwater, rain harvesting, and water reuse.
- Sizing and specifying pumps, meters, piping systems, instrumentation, controls, etc.
- Site civil work (grading and drainage, infrastructure, sewer, water, stormwater, etc.), Civil3D, HEC RAS, HydroCAD, StormCAD, GIS software, and/or other environmental/hydrology software
- Design coordination with CAD or production staff
- Construction administration and construction observation activities
- Cost estimating
- Experience with completing design and construction documents, including plans and specifications
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Technical writing experience
Education: BA or MS degree in environmental, civil, mechanical, agricultural, water resource or related engineering
Years of experience: 4-5 years’ experience with engineering services (some field experience preferred)
Location: Santa Fe, NM; Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Baltimore, MD; Austin, TX; Los Angeles/San Francisco, CA; remote work from other locations available for the right candidate
Biohabitats is a purpose-driven, performance-oriented, and values-led organization. We are a certified B-Corp™ , meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. To ensure that you will thrive at Biohabitats, we highly encourage you to review our
Mission, Values, and Approach before applying