BRANDYWINE RED CLAY ALLIANCE
Located in West Chester, PA, Brandywine Red Clay Alliance, formed in 2015 from a merger of the nation’s two oldest small watershed conservation organizations, is a local leader in protecting the environment. We organize volunteers for action, connect students of all ages and recreation enthusiasts to the outdoors, improve the quality and quantity of water, and unite our members in standing tall for the natural resources of our communities. Our mission is to promote the restoration, conservation, and enjoyment of the natural resources of the Brandywine and Red Clay valleys.
We are currently interviewing for the position of:
WATERSHED CONSERVATION DIRECTOR
POSITION SUMMARY – Provide leadership for watershed programs and visibility for BRC in the Brandywine and Red Clay Watershed communities.
POSITON REPORTS TO – Executive Director, CEO
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and direct the Red Streams Blue Program
- Develop funding for the Red Streams Blue Program and other watershed programs
- Represent BRC on the Brandywine-Christina Cluster and manage BRC activities related to this initiative.
- Communicate to the greater community BRC’s mission and watershed programs
- Develop and manage BRC’s other watershed conservation efforts.
- Serve on the Environmental Committee and provide support to other committees and subcommittees as appropriate.
- Manage and direct implementation of the Strategic Plan for Environmental Programs
- Actively participate in and collaborate on projects with the local watershed community which benefit the water quality of the Brandywine and Red Clay Valleys.
- Plan and direct Local Issues Series meetings, the Christina Basin Task Force meetings, Christina Watersheds Municipal Partnership meetings, and other programs that communicate watershed conservation programs to the public.
- Organize and direct the annual Brandywine Clean Up
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in watershed management, water resources management, environmental science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in watershed management with a watershed organization, public agency or private sector company.
- Excellent public speaking, writing, and influencing skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Experience working with governmental agencies.
- Ability to develop and oversee a budget.
- Ability to model these skills, knowledge and abilities in concert with BRC’s Core Competencies: teamwork and cooperation; b. personal motivation; c. flexibility; and conservation minded.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.