Program Coordinator – Agriculture, Natural Resources & Design
January 31, 2019
The Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources & Design at West Virginia University is seeking applicants for a Program Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing program coordination for the functioning of the WVU Davis College of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Design (College), Office of Research. This position works directly with and answers to the Associate Dean for Research (ADR) of the College, and serves as a resource contact for the ADR, using professional concepts and techniques (fiscal and otherwise), as well as independent organizational policies to solve a wide range of moderate to complex Office of Research related needs.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Plan and facilitate workshops, training, symposia and development of an annual schedule of events.
- Review funding opportunity announcements (FOA) to create synopses for College faculty including developing letter of intent proposal templates from FOAs, creating proposal contents documents, and forwarding information about open announcements to College faculty and researchers.
- Facilitate (pre-award) grant proposal development.
- Perform data analysis and evaluation on compiled data, protocols and surveys concerning College programs as needed.
- Read and analyze incoming requests, memos, submissions and reports and work with the ADR to determine their significance and plan(s) of action.
- Organize meetings and teleconferences, attend to record minutes and schedule travel, visiting scholars, researchers, speakers, etc., in coordination with shared service personnel as necessary.
- Work with the College ADR to develop news/media, and work with media outlets in the College, on the Campus, and externally.
- Possess the ability to travel for work-related purposes as needed.
- Master’s degree; or Bachelor’s degree and equivalent applicable experience including program development, program coordination, accounting, business administration or administrative support (commensurate with required job responsibilities) with exposure to (or background in) biological / ecological sciences, natural resources, engineering or other scientific disciplines.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with program coordination and grant development and management, submission, and familiarity with funding agencies; experience with WVU administrative policies and procedures is preferred.
- Cover letter
- Ability to obtain P-Card
- Driver’s License
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting: Dec 11, 2018
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes