Youth Programs Coordinator
The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum (CBMM) is dedicated to preserving and exploring the history, environment, and culture of the entire Chesapeake Bay region, and making this resource available to all. As an educational institution, staff fulfill CBMM’s mission, goals, and vision, working individually and collaboratively to encourage the public’s access to our collections, programs, and resources.
Serving more than 90,000 guests each year, CBMM’s 18 acre campus includes a floating fleet of historic boats, 12 exhibition buildings, and changing special exhibitions, all set in a park-like waterfront setting along the Miles River and St. Michaels’ harbor.
CBMM’s youth programs strive to interpret and educate students aged 4-18 years old on the history, environment, and culture of the Chesapeake Bay region, providing a welcoming, relaxed environment for all. The Youth Program Coordinator inspires participants to develop a sense of self-confidence and pride, while facilitating mentorships that provide guidance and support. With a focus on outreach, community partnerships, and hands-on learning, CBMM’s Youth Program Coordinator supports the Workshop Education Manager with the planning and implementation of all CBMM’s youth programs.
● Self-directed individual with strong interpersonal skill, able to coordinate with a diverse group of individuals to achieve a common goal.
● Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on providing outstanding customer service.
● Ability to build positive relationships with students, parents, caregivers, and community organization leaders required, with a particular interest in working with middle school students in a mentorship role.
● Strong comfort with technology; proficient with Microsoft and Google Suite. Familiarity with point-of-sale and membership/donor database programs (especially Blackbaud’s Altru) a plus.
● Experience in museum education, youth programming, and/or wooden boat building or related Career Technology Education (CTE) field. Background in environmental or experiential education, arts, or history a plus.
$34,000 – $37,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is a full time, salaried position of CBMM with a work schedule of 40 hours per week. All staff are expected to be available to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
The Youth Programs Coordinator is expected to be present for all special events/advancement functions unless otherwise arranged with the President and may be assigned to work in a capacity alternate to that defined.
Full Job Description available here.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.