Senior Development Writer
The Senior Development Writer is responsible for crafting compelling materials that connect CBF donors to the organization’s mission. S/he will produce a suite of compelling proposals, reports, letters and other materials each year, which aid with CBF’s donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in nonprofit communications, marketing, and development writing (or a combination of each) and a knack for storytelling. S/he will tailor CBF’s organization-wide message for a donor audience, recommend engagement opportunities, and ensure the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of CBF’s donor communications across all channels.Read more
Essential functions include:
1. Writes, manages, and edits the production of inspiring reports and proposals that secure funding for CBF programs and illustrate CBF’s impact to donors.
2. Stay apprised of CBF’s organizational priorities and news pertaining to the Chesapeake Bay and recommend stewardship touches and other types of timely communications to donors.
3. Produce a variety of development materials, including:
a. Campaign materials
b. Solicitation letters
c. Acknowledgement letter templates
d. Monthly donor renewal letters
e. Annual endowment reports
f. Invitations, programs, and special projects for engagement and recognition events.
4. Support front-line fundraisers by reviewing written materials, sharing articles and other materials for use with donors, and writing solicitation letters and other pieces as needed.
5. Serve as the liaison with CBF’s Communications Department to ensure consistency in message across the two departments, and to produce materials including:
a. Printed publications and marketing materials
b. Development focused articles for the CBF magazine, e-newsletter, and blog
c. CBF’s Annual Report and Impact Report
6. Assist with special projects as assigned, including assisting Donor Relations Coordinator with preparing major gift acknowledgements during year-end busy seasons (December/January).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidate will possess 5-7 years strong, demonstrated writing experience. Bachelor’s degree is required. Excellent written and oral communication is essential. Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and be highly organized, flexible, and able to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment. Attention to detail is essential. Must be able to translate technical and scientific information into compelling stories and cases for support. Proficient in MS Office software and membership databases. Experience with professional production of communication materials and graphic design experience a plus.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary history and requirements no later than August 11, 2017 to:
Human Resources/FY18- 003-SDW
Chesapeake Bay Foundation
CBF offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, health, vision, dental, life insurance, and a tax deferred annuity plan. The Chesapeake Bay Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.