The Choose Clean Water Coalition is excited to accept applications to join the 2022-2023 Young Professionals of Color (YPC) Mentorship Program! Now in its seventh year, YPC is designed to empower and equip young BIPOC professionals with the skillsets needed to advance in their environmental careers. Participating in this unique partnership will foster better relationships among clean water partners and help build a pipeline of diverse leaders interested in advancing our watershed goals throughout the Chesapeake Bay region. The main goals for this program are to increase representation from BIPOC people in leadership positions, foster safe spaces for community building, and develop shared opportunities for learning. YPC will offer 5 (virtual and in-person) customized trainings and mentorship to young BIPOC professionals seeking to excel in their careers, while strengthening the leadership abilities of their mentors. Past year’s trainings have included combatting microaggressions, overcoming imposture syndrome, having courageous (difficult) conversations, and creating equity in the workplace.
This year’s program will run from October-July 2023. The Coalition will be in contact regarding the status of your application in mid-September. The DEADLINE to apply is Friday, September 9, 2022. APPLY TODAY!
Who we are looking for:
- Experienced environmental leaders from all backgrounds seeking to mentor and share their professional experience with the next generation of leaders
- Early career BIPOC professionals and college students seeking mentorship and professional development opportunities
YPC is a one-year commitment limited to 50 participants. Interested participants must be at least 18 years old and are expected to follow and uphold values that center in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice (DEIJ). Below is list of criteria we use to select and pair mentees and mentors in the program:
- Commitment to building and retaining a pipeline of diverse leaders and DEIJ principles within the environmental movement
- Dedicating at least 30-60 minutes of your time each month with your mentor/mentee throughout the year
- Commitment to the professional development of your mentee/mentor
- Committed to attending three or more DEIJ trainings provided by the YPC Program
- Ability to be a thoughtful, empathetic, and effective mentee/mentor
- Desire to build a transformative experience for your mentee/mentor
- Commitment to growing your DEIJ professional development skillset
Please share this opportunity with experienced leaders from all backgrounds and rising BIPOC professionals in your network. For more information, please contact Mariah Davis at email@example.com. The DEADLINE to apply is Friday, September 9, 2022. APPLY TODAY!