RFP: Young Professionals of Color Program
August 2, 2021
April 15, 2022
July 17. 2021
July 16, 2021
June 17, 2021
Request for Bids from the Choose Clean Water Coalition
The Choose Clean Water Coalition is seeking a seasoned professional development and/or organizational change consultant with demonstrated experience in providing mid-level and senior staff trainings that enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion competency.
About Choose Clean Water Coalition
The Choose Clean Water Coalition was formed in 2009 to energize the effort to restore and protect the rivers and streams that feed into the Chesapeake Bay by harnessing and enhancing the collective power of the many advocates and stakeholders working on this mission. Representing more than 250 organizations, the Choose Clean Water Coalition focuses on state-specific, targeted campaigns to advance the Chesapeake Bay restoration effort.
The Coalition is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice so that everyone can realize and enjoy a health and prosperous community. We value and celebrate the difference that makes our Coalition membership vibrant and effective. In an ongoing effort to more fully accomplish our mission and work towards equity and justice in all we do, we are building and integrating this commitment into our vision, organizational structure, steering committee, staff, policy goals, strategies, and tactics.
The Coalition secured funding to hire an outside consultant to provide leadership and management trainings for the Young Professionals of Color (YPC) Mentorship Program. This program was designed to close the racial equity gap that exists within the environmental nonprofit movement. It is a united effort that provides mentorship to individuals seeking to excel in their careers, while navigating spaces dominated by white professionals. The intent of the program is to build a pipeline of diverse leaders and support those who strive to foster inclusive and equitable workspaces.
Scope of Work
The consultant will:
- Work with the YPC cohort and Coalition staff to develop a needs assessment and customize professional development workshops.
- Work with Coalition staff to develop appropriate trainings for people of color (POC) and non-POC participants who seek to strengthen their leadership skills.
- Provide 4 trainings for YPC participants on topics related, but not limited to:
- Overcoming imposture syndrome, people of color navigating white spaces, supporting employees of color, and advocating and implementing principles of DEIJ within your organizations.
- Provide Coalition staff with materials that can be used during the trainings and after as references.
Timeframe & Budget The proposed scope of work should be completed within a 8-month period, from approximately 8/2/2021 through 4/15/22. The budget of this score of work is not to exceed $16,500.
Qualifications Applicants are encouraged to follow the guidelines of the proposal and will be considered according to qualifying attributes and submissions. Successful proposals will demonstrate subject matter expertise and experiences in:
- Knowledge of DEIJ principles and competencies.
- Knowledge and experiences leading DEIJ professional development trainings that produce quantifiable outcomes.
- Knowledge and experiences in facilitating virtual trainings.
If you are interested in being considered for this work, please submit a brief statement of your qualifications, your hourly rate, and total estimated hours for the project by 5pm on Monday, July 16, 2021. Proposals should be submitted via email to Mariah Davis, email@example.com.