The Scholars for Conservation Leadership Program (SCLP – https://www.landtrustalliance.org/scholars-conservation-leadership-program) is a career and leadership development program that aims to expand opportunities for students to pursue careers in natural resource management and conservation, with an emphasis on engaging underrepresented students. This professional development program offers a range of opportunities for rising seniors to:
- Learn about career tracks and career development directly from practitioners who represent a wide spectrum of professional roles and institutions in this sector;
- Be paired with mentors from the land conservation community who can offer advice and assistance to students as they navigate the Scholars Program and beyond;
- Participate in Rally: The National Land Conservation Conference, the largest gathering of conservation practitioners in the country, including workshops, seminars, trainings and networking events;
- Build community with a cohort of other students from across the country interested in exploring a career in this sector; and
- Qualify for the selection process for a paid year-long fellowship (post-graduation) with a land conservation organization to gain on-the-job experience at a critical time in their academic and early career.
The 2021 program will bring together 10-20 undergraduate college seniors from across the country for a virtual professional development experience in conjunction with Rally: The National Land Conservation Conference (https://alliancerally.org/), being held virtually October 5-7 2021. After the seminar, the students will attend the virtual conference where they will have the opportunity to participate in numerous educational trainings and workshops and connect with professionals from across the nation. Additionally, each scholar will be partnered with a mentor during the conference. The scholars will be honored at the conference, and one of the scholarship recipients will also be awarded a one-year fellowship to intern with a land trust.
Please complete and submit this online application (https://www.landtrustalliance.org/scholars-conservation-leadership) by July 2. Selected students will have registration costs covered and will be notified of acceptance by July 31.