Agenda for the October 6, 2016, Communications Workgroup meeting.
1. Welcome and Roll Call (9:45 to 9:50)
2. Executive Council Meeting Update (9:50 to 9:55). Rachel Felver will give a recap of the October 4 Executive Council meeting in Boyce, Virginia.
3. Local Government Engagement Meeting (9:55 to 10). On September 27, Mary Gattis convened a group of local government stakeholders and each jurisdiction’s communications contact to discuss the Local Government Engagement Initiative. Jennifer Starr will give an updated to the Communications Workgroup on the meeting.
4. GIT Project Grants (10 to 10:40). Each year, the Chesapeake Bay Program funds select projects from each of the GITs. Representatives from each of the GITs will present on their group’s newly funding projects as well as ongoing projects, and identify any communications needs they have. Presenters include: Kara Skipper, Sustainable Fisheries GIT; Kyle Runion, Protect and Restore Vital Habitats GIT; and David Wood, Protect and Restore Water Quality GIT.
5. Round Robin (10:40 to 11).