Regular Full-time (40 hours per week)
Starting Salary: $65,000 Benefits: Competitive benefits package including health/dental/life, 401K, PTO, hybrid work options.
Supervisor/Reports to: Vice President for Development
Location: 723 Second Street, Annapolis, MD 21403
About the Museum:
The Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park (AMM) is a major community asset serving Anne Arundel County and beyond. AMM educates youth and adults about the Annapolis area’s rich maritime
heritage and the ecology of the Chesapeake Bay through programs, exhibits, and community events. We accomplish this mission through an engaging suite of hands-on programming and by bringing visitors to our two campuses on Back Creek and aboard the Museum’s historic skipjack, Wilma Lee.
Overview and Job Summary: AMM is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Grant Manager. The Grant Manager reports to the Vice President of Development and will have strong interpersonal, writing/communication, and organizational skills. The Grants Manager is responsible for researching, preparing, submitting, and managing grant proposals and reports that support agency goals and meet funder guidelines and criteria. This person serves as the primary grant writer, manages funder relationships, engages in compliance reporting, and supports special project initiatives. This position requires strong writing, data analysis, program budgeting, project management skills, with an emphasis on outcome measurement.
• Three+ years of experience in fundraising, grant writing, or grants management.
• Demonstrated analytical and persuasive writing skills experience as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to a diverse audience.
• Strong administrative skills and self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in an effective and efficient manner.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Teams, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Experienced with donor development/CRM software systems such as Blackbaud’s Altru and Grant Hub.
• Familiarity and experience working with local, national, and government funders.
• Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines without sacrificing quality.
• Demonstrated interest in the mission, vision, and values of the Annapolis Maritime Museum & Park.
• Bachelor’s degree (or 5-7 years of work experience with nonprofit administration, grant writing, or fundraising).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead grant proposal development and submission:
• Research new funding and business development opportunities on a local, state, and federal level.
• Research statistics, trends, and data for grant proposals from both external and internal sources.
• Maintaining and building relationships with funders and other strategic partners.
• Drafting proposals/LOIs, grant application narratives, and budgets in collaboration with program staff and Executive Director.
• Maintaining master calendar of grants and prospects and all associated files, correspondence, and required support documentation.
• Submitting grant applications.
• Ensuring acknowledgment of funders via correspondence, website, e-newsletter, and social media.
• Maintain grant compliance and reporting, including outcome measurement and grant budgets:
o Monitoring and maintaining funder reporting schedules and requirements.
o Tracking progress toward organizational and programmatic outcomes and goals.
o Requesting reimbursements and drawdowns as needed.
o Drafting compelling progress reports and targeted program updates to funders that fully capture programmatic success.
o Assembling all necessary supporting materials and documents including budget reports, outcome measurements, success stories, etc.
To Apply: Cover letter and resume required. Send your cover letter and resume and any writing samples you would like to share to Kelly Swartout firstname.lastname@example.org