The Wicomico Environmental Trust (WET), a grassroots environmental nonprofit based in Wicomico County (Eastern Shore of Maryland), is seeking a part-time program manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties of the part-time Program Manager are to manage WET’s office, environmental education and restoration programs, and grants and to provide support to WET’s volunteers, committees, and Board of Directors.
The Program Manager:
- Enters financial transactions into QuickBooks, maintains documentation of all grant-related expenses, generates financial reports (balance sheets, P&L, YTD vs. budget, etc.), and designs and produces other reports from QuickBooks as needed.
- Enters donor, volunteer, and other contact information and details about donations, volunteer service, attendance at events, and campaigns into the Network for Good database; generates and sends thank-you letters to donors and volunteers; generates reports on campaigns, events, and volunteer service; and generates and sends tax information letters to donors.
- Compiles and summarizes data for reports to the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors, other committees, and granting agencies.
- Forecasts and analyzes upcoming office and program needs and takes action to ensure uninterrupted operations.
- Assists with fundraising and communication campaigns and events.
- Under Board direction, coordinates projects in environmental education and restoration.
- Takes minutes at committee meetings and Board meetings as requested; drafts correspondence; receives telephone calls and visitors; reads and distributes incoming correspondence; prepares checks; proofreads outgoing correspondence; reviews records for completeness and accuracy; and prepares and maintains statistical and numerical reports and records.
- Assists with website content creation, updating, and maintenance.
- Maintains organized and streamlined organizational files, both electronic and paper.
- Sets up, hosts, and troubleshoots online meetings and webinars, and manages recordings of meetings and webinars.
This position requires use of various social media platforms and word processing, database, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing software applications to prepare reports, charts, graphs, slides, and other documents.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Meticulously well organized and with outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interest in environmental issues affecting Wicomico County and the Chesapeake Bay watershed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Professional experience in bookkeeping with knowledge of accounts payable and receivable processes.
- Professional experience in the administration of or reporting for grants.
Salary and Benefits
The half-time salary will be $22,000 per year. The position is with a small but energetic and active nonprofit with growth potential. The position provides flexible hours and a combination of in-office and remote work opportunities. The office, at 1001 Lake Street in Salisbury, MD, is in a small hub of grassroots environmental organizations hosted by a larger social-service nonprofit, located on the shore of Johnson’s Lake in Salisbury’s North Westside neighborhood.
How to Apply / Application Timeframe
Email cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. The search committee will begin considering applications on January 15, 2024, and will continue to consider new applications until the position is filled.
The Wicomico Environmental Trust welcomes applicants who reflect the vibrant diversity of our community. WET is an equal opportunity employer.