POSITION SUMMARY: Historic Annapolis (HA) is seeking a Senior Human Resources Generalist to serve as administrator for several crucial human resources functions and workforce management including recruiting, employee/labor relations, health and safety, compensation, benefits, training, diversity, employee engagement, leave and attendance tracking and employee records. The responsibilities of the job are primarily handled remotely, with minimal office hours on campus. This position is a new and exceptional opportunity for a talented individual to grow professionally as a part of an impactful organization that has become increasingly visible in Annapolis during the past several years, making connections with our past to envision a better future for the entire community. The Senior Human Resources Generalist office is located in the historic Shiplap House (c. 1715), in the heart of the Annapolis Historic District. This position offers a competitive salary, growth potential, and professional development within a collegial and supportive environment. It is an exciting time in the history of our organization, and we invite you to consider joining the team at Historic Annapolis.
ABOUT HISTORIC ANNAPOLIS: Historic Annapolis’s mission is to Preserve and Protect the historic places, objects, and stories of Maryland’s capital city, and provide engaging experiences that Connect people to the area’s diverse heritage. HA serves as a steward of a dozen historic buildings for the State of Maryland, operates multiple museums, advocates for historic preservation, and is currently engaged in an extensive historic restoration project. HA is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and is a Smithsonian Affiliate. For more information, visit annapolis.org.
- Implement and manage the new HRIS system.
- Manage the employee lifecycle, including recruitment, onboarding, benefits, employee relations, performance management, reward management, and termination for the current staff of 13 full time and 31 part time employees.
- Recruit, screen, interview, check references and extend offer letters for full time, part time and seasonal employees to hire for the organization.
- Assist with all internal and external HR-related matters.
- Handle compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and other HR functions.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures as needed.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Conduct exit interviews and complete termination process as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate in Human Resources Management
- Experience of 3+ years in a human resource generalist role
- Experience with HRIS systems is required; proficiency in building performance management module is helpful.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, follow policies and procedures, and work independently with great attention to detail and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service, time management and organizational abilities, with the ability to set and achieve Historic Annapolis’s strategic objectives.
- Appreciation for the HA mission and value diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The office environment is flexible, fluctuating between an office setting and historic houses/museums and includes telecommute option. Parking is provided on “first come first serve” basis.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Historic Annapolis is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, via email with subject “Sr. HR Generalist” to email@example.com by Monday, March 4, 2024.